MASTER OF SCIENCE IN RENEWABLE ENERGY ENGINEERING (MSREE)
Vision of MSREE Programme
“Graduates from the MSREE programme will be leaders in the planning, design, development, implementation and management of Renewable Energy Technologies to ensure a sustainable energy future for Nepal”
Features of MSREE Programme
Owing to the interdisciplinary nature in the field, the course structure of MSREE programme has the following characteristics to ensure its effectiveness and utility to students and to the society:
It should provide an opportunity to the students to learn and apply the basics of new subjects relevant to the area of energy engineering.
• The course-curriculum should ensure that on successful completion of the program, the students have a solid background of extensive and comprehensive course-work in all essential advanced-level subjects.
• The students should be able to specialize in any one (or more, if additional courses are taken) of the coherent and consistent aspects of energy engineering and acquire in-depth knowledge and necessary skills in that area rather than having just surface-level knowledge of many diversified subjects.
• The course structure of the teaching program should cover all aspects of energy technologies, including resource assessment, technology development, economics and energetic, socio-cultural issues, and ecological and environmental impacts, etc.
• It should be flexible and dynamic, thus allowing for future improvements in the course-structure. It should provide a balance between theory and practical aspects of energy engineering education.
• It should be compatible with global efforts in this direction to allow effective and mutually beneficial experience sharing and interaction with other countries.
In an attempt to accommodate most of the desirable features mentioned above the proposed programme in energy engineering is framed with the following objectives:
To provide an opportunity to the students of diverse educational and professional backgrounds to acquire basic knowledge in certain new subjects directly relevant to the interdisciplinary area of energy engineering,
• To enable the students acquire a strong foundation in all the advanced-level important areas such as energy conversion, heat and mass transfer, fluid mechanics, combustion, instrumentation and control, energy conservation etc, and
• On successful completion of the teaching program the students should be able to design, evaluate and select appropriate energy technologies to meet a given energy demand.
• To link MSREE with employment opportunities.
Eligibility for admission to MSREE programme, a candidate must have:
• Bachelor’s Degree Four Year Programme in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Computer, and Agriculture Engineering, or
• Five Year Program in Architecture, or
• Two-year Programme in Master of Science in Physics and Chemistry from Tribhuvan University
• Other recognized Universities as well as Degrees equivalent to any of the aforesaid branches of Engineering.
• Have undergraduate grades not less than that prescribed by the Faculty Board of the Institute of Engineering
• Secure a minimum score, as prescribed by the Faculty Board, in the admission test.
• Minimum period of Full-time attendance required for MSREE course is two academic years.
• Maximum duration within which a student is allowed to complete the course is as per the norm set up by the Faculty Board of the Institute of Engineering.
Number of Students for Enrollment
Course Contents: Course consists primarily of two types:
• Core courses deal with the fundamental and application in different course areas
• Elective courses deal with very specific details of the course.
In second year, a student is allowed to select any relevant two courses from among ‘A’ Group elective courses and one from among ‘B’ Group courses.
Course is Thesis based and the student has to take a thesis of 16 credits. The student works under the guidance of the faculty advisor.
To qualify for the Master of Science in Renewable Energy Engineering, a student with bachelor in Engineering degree or equivalent must complete a programme of course work of 60 credits.
To qualify for the Master of Science in Renewable Energy, a student with appropriate M. Sc. Degree must complete a programme course work of 60 credits including an individual thesis of 16 credits.
buy instagram followers